The International Relations and European Legal Office of the Curia is responsible for managing relations and communications mainly with judicial bodies on European and international levels. Staff members communicate in English, French and German languages.
The International Relations and European Legal Office has, in particular, the duty of:
- preparing the official travels and study visits abroad of the Curia’s justices;
- obtaining and disseminating reports and information booklets on official travels and study visits abroad, international conferences and seminars, held with the participation of the Curia’s justices;
- managing relations with the competent bodies of the Council of Europe and the European Union, as well as with the National Office for the Judiciary in connection with international affairs;
- managing relations with organisations with international membership, to which the Curia is a party, i.e. the Network of the Presidents of the Supreme Judicial Courts of the European Union (Network), the International Association of Supreme Administrative Jurisdictions (IASAJ), the Association of the Councils of State and Supreme Administrative Jurisdictions of the European Union (ACA-Europe) and the European Law Institute (ELI);
- preparing international conferences and performing functions within the Curia related to protocol issues;
- preparing and organising the official visits of foreign delegations;
- obtaining and disseminating information related to the case-law of the European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights, co-operating with the European legal experts of the Curia in the above matter;
- supporting the international correspondence of the President of the Curia.
The International Relations and European Legal Office also deals with ad hoc requests for information or assistance from foreign judicial authorities.
- Name: International Relations and European Legal Office of the Curia of Hungary
- Contact person: Dr. HÖLTZL Lipót, Office Director
- Postal address: H-1055 Budapest, Markó utca 16.
- Phone number: 0036-1-268-4749
- Fax number: 0036-1-268-4748
- Electronic address: firstname.lastname@example.org